Chiropractic Technique: Activator
At our Chiropractic offices in Centennial and Aurora, Colorado we use one of the most popular “low force” chiropractictechniques in the world.
Activator Methods Technique® (AMCT) is a gentle, low-force chiropractic technique that has been safely used for 35 years. AMCT evolved from 35 years of empirical study and 15 years of clinical research. AMCT doctors go through extensive training to learn specific procedures to detect spinal joint dysfunction, analyze leg length inequality, detect body mechanics problems, and test neurological reflexes.
An Activator instrument is used to deliver a very specific, low force adjustment. Activator adjustments are quick and controlled. Your muscles have little time to resist. Patients enjoy the results and appreciate how easy it is to get adjusted.
Who can use The Activator Method?
Infants and children to our elderly population can all benefit from using The Activator Method Technique.
Patients from all ages can enjoy the benefits of an Activator adjustment. The technique is especially helpful for children who sometimes have trouble laying still. The Activator adjustment is so quick and comfortable that children often look forward to their next visit.”
Older patients, as well as those with arthritis, osteoporosis, or other bone-weakening conditions, find the Activator Method to be effective and gentle. The low-force thrust of the instrument, and the doctor’s ability to pin point the exact location of the problem through Activator analysis, can relieve a patient’s pain without discomfort.
First the Evaluation
We begin by analyzing how well your spine moves. We test how well you turn and bend. While you’re lying face down, we’ll evaluate the length of your legs. This simple procedure can reveal significant differences in leg lengths. Click here to try a simple leg-length home test.
This time-tested protocol tells us if subluxations exist and their location. It also helps us know when to adjust and when not to adjust.
Activator Instrument: the hand-held instrument delivers a precise, repeatable force at just the right angle.The Activator Methods® Adjusting Instrument is a handheld spring-loaded tool that delivers a consistent low-force, high-speed thrust.
Because it’s many times faster than adjustments delivered by hand, the body rarely tightens to resist, making adjustments comfortable and effective. It’s also helpful for adjusting elbows, wrists, knees and other joints of the body.
The Follow Up
After your adjustment, we retest to make sure changes have been produced. Testing afterwards helps us deliver high-quality care and high levels of patient satisfaction.
Free Blog News Letter
- Whiplash From An Auto AccidentDo you have a whiplash injury? During this time of the year motor vehicle accidents are more frequent due to the winter weather conditions. Even from a minor fender bender […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Core Strength and Low Back PainToday’s Discussion: How Core Strength and Low Back Pain Are Related In the world of Chiropractic, Physical Therapy, and Sports Medicine, there is much debate and discussion revolving around the […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Facet Syndrome Treatment and DiagnosisOur Chiropractors Discuss Treatment and Diagnosis of Facet Syndrome This week’s discussion deals with facet syndrome. Facet syndrome is one of the most common causes of pain originating from the […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Chiropractors Discuss Herniated Cervical DiscsHerniated Cervical Discs Did you know that one of the most common causes of numbness, weakness, and pain down your arm could be related to a herniated cervical disc? Other […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Sacroilliac Joint PainSacroilliac joint pain and dysfunction One of the most common causes of low back pain is dysfunction of the Sacroilliac joint (also knows as the SI joint). The sacroilliac joint is one of […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Chiropractors Discuss Hip PainDiagnosis and Treatment of Hip Pain Are you having trouble moving around because of a hip problem? Are you having difficulty walking up or down stairs? Is it painful to […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Chiropractors Discuss Muscle Spasm’s, Sprains and StrainsHow to tell the difference between Muscle Spasm, Sprains, and Strains With the NFL continuing into the playoffs, many of us are sitting by watching the injury reports to see […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Sports Physicals $25.00Sports Physicals and Concussion Screenings $25 With fall sports just around the corner it’s time to get your student athlete’s physical for the year. For a limited time Mountain View […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Centennial CO Chiropractic | Pain ReliefCentennial CO Chiropractic | Pain Relief Centennial CO Chiropractic office offers pain relief to patients suffering from musculoskeletal injuries. Chiropractic is an effective and most importantly cost friendly way to not only relieve your symptoms of pain, […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Centennial Chiropractor | Concussion ScreeningConcussion Test Centennial Chiropractors Do Concussion Screeings For Athletes Centennial Chiropractors | Concussion screening is a new and effective way to aid in the early and more accurate detect of […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy