Our Chiropractors Discuss Treatment and Diagnosis of Facet Syndrome
This week’s discussion deals with facet syndrome. Facet syndrome is one of the most common causes of pain originating from the spine. In order to understand facet syndrome we must first start by defining what facet syndrome is by looking at the anatomy of a typical spinal vertebrae.
The facets are on the posterior section of the vertebral body and are made up of two articulating surfaces the inferior articular process and the superior articular process. The facet joint is formed when the superior portion of a lower vertebral body meets the inferior portion of the vertebral body above it. The facet joint is further held together a capsule of ligaments forming a joint commonly known as the zygapophyseal joint (z-joint). When these joints are jammed together from either injury, inflammation, or degeneration we get the facet syndrome. Causes of this jamming could lead from trauma, excessive weight, decreased disc height, and an increased lumbar curvature. Degenerative changes and bad posture caused by muscle imbalance is the leading reason why people develop facet syndrome.
Signs and Symptoms of Facet Syndrome
Common symptoms of facet syndrome is neck pain and low back pain that hurts more during rest, extension, or is relieved with motion. The neck pain will be aggravated by extension, rotation and repetitive movements. Low back pain is aggravated by extension, rotation, prolonged sitting and repetitive movements. Most patients describe facet pain as sharp and in a well-defined area, normally feels superficial and one sided.
People also report that they have diffuse morning stiffness. As we can see the signs and symptoms of facet syndrome is every similar to those of a herniated disc. This is why it’s so important to get the proper diagnosis so you can receive the proper treatment for you problem.
Treatment Goals for Facet Syndrome
At Mountain View Pain Center our chiropractors have a number of treatment options to help with your problem. We offer myofacial release therapy, physical therapy, decompression therapy, massage, and chiropractic therapy. Our treatment goals are to promote soft tissue healing; we do this by removing scar tissue and promote healing with micro current. Restore normal strength and stability to joint structure. Most importantly we want to make sure you get out of pain as quick as possible so you can return to normal daily function without pain. If you have questions or concerns about your condition please feel free to call and one of our doctors will be more than happy to answer any question you might have. We have two locations one in Centennial CO and Aurora CO, please feel free to contact us. If you would like more information please read our about us page.
Herniated Cervical Discs
Did you know that one of the most common causes of numbness, weakness, and pain down your arm could be related to a herniated cervical disc?
Other signs and symptoms of a Cervical disc injury in patients are pain/numbness starting in the lower neck which can radiate to the chest, trap, shoulder, and even down through the arm into the hands and fingers.
Definition of a Herniated Cervical Disc
Most commonly defined as a rupture of the annulus fibrosus (commonly known as the rings of the disc that hold the nucleus made up of a jelly like substance in the center). When this rupture occurs the nucleus will herniate/bulge pinching the cervical nerves causing the pain or numbness to occur. This herniation is most commonly one sided and often occurs at C5 or C6.
Causes of Herniated Cervical Discs
There are several reasons why discs herniate. One of the more common causes of a disc herniation/bulge is progressive degeneration. As we continue to age there is increased pressure, and decreased function of the spine which causes a higher risk for injury. Bad posture, trauma, and whiplash injuries are just some of the mechanism of injury that can cause a herniated disc. These factors show how important it is to take care of your spine. Even a minor sports injury can cause decreased function of the neck, which as we mentioned early puts the disc at risk and increase likelihood of further injury .
Treatment of Herniated Cervical Discs
One of the most critical steps to take in the treatment of your symptoms is locating a facility that provides the type of care you need to get back to living a healthy life. At Mountain View Pain Center or goal is to not only free you from symptoms, but to correct the issue to prevent from further injury. We can obtain these goals with our state of the art equipment and doctors with extensive knowledge of spinal injuries. We use traction therapy, scar tissue removal, soft tissue mobilization, physical therapy, and chiropractic care to achieve the desired results.
If you have questions about your condition please feel free to contact us and we will be more than happy to help. We have offices located in Centennial, CO and Aurora, CO and we accept all major insurances as well as affordable cash plans.
Denver Chiropractors – On Fox 31 Denver
Talking About How your posture is causing you headaches and back pain.
Denver Chiropractors at Mountain View Pain Center know the dangers of bad posture. Bad posture can easily develop into ‘common day’ problems such as neck pain, headaches, and pain between your shoulder blades. At our two locations in Aurora, CO and Centennial, CO we can help relieve the cause of your symptoms though chiropractic care and physical therapy. The most common reason people develop postural issues such as forward head posture is over working the flexor muscles of the chest and neck. Dr. McNally, Dr. Erhuy, and Dr. Woods can tell when you have this condition and know the necessary steps to correct your symptoms once and for all.
If you live in the Centennial, Parker, Aurora, Highlands Ranch, or Denver Tech Center, please visit or contact one of our Chiropractic offices today.
Centennial Chiropractor talk about treatments after an auto accident. Neck and shoulder pain are one of the most common types of injuries after a car accident. Your neck pain could be a result from a whiplash injury you just suffered. Believe it or not even minor car accidents can cause whiplash injuries. Studies have shown that even a 5 mph rear-end car accident can cause neck pain for a long time. This is why it is so important to get the right treatment so your neck pain doesn’t become a chronic problem. Shoulder pain is another problem most auto accident patients have. This is due to the fact that the seat belt holds one shoulder back causing the other to freely move which in return will cause ligaments and muscles to stretch. Read more >>
Denver Chiropractors Talk About Car Accident Injuries
Being in a car accident can be a very scary situation; even if the car accident was a minor one. A car accident can leave you with neck pain, whiplash, back pain or even shoulder pain for weeks or months. At Mountain View Pain Center our Chiropractors specialize in car accident injuries we have the tools that will help you get out of pain and back on your feet. We understand that being in a car accident can be very stressful you will have a number of questions to ask like:
Who will pay for my medical bills?
We accept all auto insurances; we will make sure they pay for your medical expenses.
How long will I be in pain for?
Not all auto injuries are created equal. Someone might have rear ended you going 5mph and you end up with neck and back pain for 3 months; while someone else that was in a higher speed car accident has less pain. This is why it is so important to have an auto injury specialist like the doctors of Mountain View Pain Center give you an exam. Read more >>
Free Blog News Letter
- Whiplash From An Auto AccidentDo you have a whiplash injury? During this time of the year motor vehicle accidents are more frequent due to the winter weather conditions. Even from a minor fender bender […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Core Strength and Low Back PainToday’s Discussion: How Core Strength and Low Back Pain Are Related In the world of Chiropractic, Physical Therapy, and Sports Medicine, there is much debate and discussion revolving around the […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Facet Syndrome Treatment and DiagnosisOur Chiropractors Discuss Treatment and Diagnosis of Facet Syndrome This week’s discussion deals with facet syndrome. Facet syndrome is one of the most common causes of pain originating from the […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Chiropractors Discuss Herniated Cervical DiscsHerniated Cervical Discs Did you know that one of the most common causes of numbness, weakness, and pain down your arm could be related to a herniated cervical disc? Other […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Sacroilliac Joint PainSacroilliac joint pain and dysfunction One of the most common causes of low back pain is dysfunction of the Sacroilliac joint (also knows as the SI joint). The sacroilliac joint is one of […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Chiropractors Discuss Hip PainDiagnosis and Treatment of Hip Pain Are you having trouble moving around because of a hip problem? Are you having difficulty walking up or down stairs? Is it painful to […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Chiropractors Discuss Muscle Spasm’s, Sprains and StrainsHow to tell the difference between Muscle Spasm, Sprains, and Strains With the NFL continuing into the playoffs, many of us are sitting by watching the injury reports to see […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Sports Physicals $25.00Sports Physicals and Concussion Screenings $25 With fall sports just around the corner it’s time to get your student athlete’s physical for the year. For a limited time Mountain View […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Centennial CO Chiropractic | Pain ReliefCentennial CO Chiropractic | Pain Relief Centennial CO Chiropractic office offers pain relief to patients suffering from musculoskeletal injuries. Chiropractic is an effective and most importantly cost friendly way to not only relieve your symptoms of pain, […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Centennial Chiropractor | Concussion ScreeningConcussion Test Centennial Chiropractors Do Concussion Screeings For Athletes Centennial Chiropractors | Concussion screening is a new and effective way to aid in the early and more accurate detect of […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy