Centennial Chiropractors Do Concussion Screeings For Athletes
Centennial Chiropractors | Concussion screening is a new and effective way to aid in the early and more accurate detect of concussions. At Mountain View Pain Center we are now offering a pre and post-concussion screenings for 50% off for all student athletes. The pre concussion screening with our state of the art technology the Biodex Concussion Management program, allows us to take a baseline level of each individual athlete.
Biodex Concussion Screening
This baseline gives us a map of the athlete’s sensory system. Research has shown that there is strong evidence demonstrating the impact of balance deficits of functional performance and increased risk of reinjury. In the case an athlete needs to return after an injury, the Biodex will give us a read out demonstrating their new scores versus their old, which gives your doctor a more accurate diagnosis of a concussion and gives us a timeline of when it is safe for your child to return. With two offices Centennial and Aurora we have a testing center close to you. Please feel free to contact us.
New research published in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics on June 2011 looked at Evidence-Based Guidelines for the Chiropractic Treatment of Adults With Headaches. The research showed that:
- For migraine, spinal manipulation and multimodal multidisciplinary interventions including massage are recommended for management of patients with episodic or chronic migraine
- For tension-type headache, spinal manipulation cannot be recommended for the management of episodic tension-type headache.Low-load craniocervical mobilization may be beneficial for longer term management of patients with episodic or chronic tension-type headaches.
- For cervicogenic headache, spinal manipulation is recommended.
Evidence suggests that chiropractic care, including spinal manipulation, improves migraine and cervicogenic headaches
Chiropractic Care for Migraine Headache Treatment
A randomized controlled trial of 6 months’ duration in February of 2000 was done to look at the benefits of chiropractic care for the treatment of migraines. One hundred twenty-seven volunteers between the ages of 10 and 70 years old were diagnosed with having headaches based on the International Headache Society standard, with a minimum of at least one migraine per month. Participants were asked to complete a headache diary during the entire trial noting the frequency, intensity, duration, disability associated symptoms, and if they used any medication for each migraine episode. The results of the study showed that approximately 90% of participants reported significant improvement in the number of headaches and a decrease in the intensity and duration of each episode due to chiropractic care.
Diagnosis of Migraines
Treatment of theses types of headaches can vary from the two different types of migraines. A migraine without an aura is the most common form of the headache which, accounts for 80% of migraines. The less common but more painful migraine is with an aura. This type of headache will cause patients to see spots of white. Proper diagnosis of the type of migraine is very important in the treatment of this type of headache.
Our Chiropractors specialize in treatment of migraine headaches. We will design a treatment plan that will help you get out of pain and improve your quality of life. If you or someone you know is suffering from headaches and are looking for help, please feel free to give us a call. Our office is located in Centennial and Aurora CO, which is conveniently located to Denver CO, Highlands Ranch CO, Littleton CO, Lone Tree CO, and Greenwood Village CO.
Chiropractor Discuss Different Types of Headaches
Headaches can be a debilitating condition for many people especially when the headache is an everyday occurrence. Today our Chiropractors will discuss the different types of headaches and how to get relief with Chiropractic care. We must first understand that headaches are not always easy to classify so if your symptoms don’t match our list it doesn’t mean you don’t have one of these types of headaches. Also, we must understand that pain level of headaches will vary from one person to another.
Headaches lead to over 18 million doctor visits annually, cost over 156 million lost work days a year, and cost the US over $25 billion a year in lost productivity. 78 percent of all headaches are related to problems within the upper Cervical spine. Headaches are classified in 2 different groups, Primary (94%) and Secondary (6%) headaches. The most common types of Primary headaches are Tension, stress, Cervicogenic, and migraine headaches.
Tension Headaches- the most common form of Primary affects 2/3 of the population. Typically felt on both sides of the head with a dull persistent pain which can vary in intensity. These are most commonly described as a “tight band around the head” and may also involve neck pain.
Cervicogenic headaches- comes from pain in the head whose sources lies somewhere in the neck. This is typically from a referred pain within the Cervical spine. Generally unilateral and does not change sides. Typically caused by poor posture or movement. In many cases is accompanied with shoulder pain. The headache is often mild to moderate in intensity and often involves tenderness to the touch with trigger points in the neck or base of the skull.
Migraine Headaches- affect approximately 12% of the population and affect women 2-3 times more than men. Usually moderate to severe in intensity and on one side of the head. Attacks often include nausea, clod hands, vomiting, and sensitivity to light and sound. 20% are preceded by an “aura” that may involve visual sensations, numbness or impaired speech.
Cluster Headaches- much less common and mainly affect men. Present as severe pain around and behind one eye, most commonly at night. Can occur daily or in groups or “clusters” for days or weeks at a time.
Treatment for headaches
The treatment we prefer at Mountain View Pain Center consists of manipulation, chiropractic adjustments, soft tissue release, trigger point therapy, nutritional advice, and lifestyle changes. We must first discover what causes the headaches and what aggravates them such as stress, food, light, exercise, and other factors. Once we have completed a full physical with case history we can develop a treatment plan to deal with your specific headache.
Mountain View Pain Center is located in Centennial, CO which allows us to provide convenient chiropractic care and rehabilitation treatment to Denver, Aurora, Lakewood, Parker, Littleton, Highlands Ranch, Cherry Hills, Lone Tree, and Green Wood Village.
There are many different types and causes of headaches. If you do not see the information you are seeking feel free to call or email and we can discuss the headaches you are suffering from.
Free Blog News Letter
- Whiplash From An Auto AccidentDo you have a whiplash injury? During this time of the year motor vehicle accidents are more frequent due to the winter weather conditions. Even from a minor fender bender […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Core Strength and Low Back PainToday’s Discussion: How Core Strength and Low Back Pain Are Related In the world of Chiropractic, Physical Therapy, and Sports Medicine, there is much debate and discussion revolving around the […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Facet Syndrome Treatment and DiagnosisOur Chiropractors Discuss Treatment and Diagnosis of Facet Syndrome This week’s discussion deals with facet syndrome. Facet syndrome is one of the most common causes of pain originating from the […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Chiropractors Discuss Herniated Cervical DiscsHerniated Cervical Discs Did you know that one of the most common causes of numbness, weakness, and pain down your arm could be related to a herniated cervical disc? Other […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Sacroilliac Joint PainSacroilliac joint pain and dysfunction One of the most common causes of low back pain is dysfunction of the Sacroilliac joint (also knows as the SI joint). The sacroilliac joint is one of […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Chiropractors Discuss Hip PainDiagnosis and Treatment of Hip Pain Are you having trouble moving around because of a hip problem? Are you having difficulty walking up or down stairs? Is it painful to […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Chiropractors Discuss Muscle Spasm’s, Sprains and StrainsHow to tell the difference between Muscle Spasm, Sprains, and Strains With the NFL continuing into the playoffs, many of us are sitting by watching the injury reports to see […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Sports Physicals $25.00Sports Physicals and Concussion Screenings $25 With fall sports just around the corner it’s time to get your student athlete’s physical for the year. For a limited time Mountain View […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Centennial CO Chiropractic | Pain ReliefCentennial CO Chiropractic | Pain Relief Centennial CO Chiropractic office offers pain relief to patients suffering from musculoskeletal injuries. Chiropractic is an effective and most importantly cost friendly way to not only relieve your symptoms of pain, […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Centennial Chiropractor | Concussion ScreeningConcussion Test Centennial Chiropractors Do Concussion Screeings For Athletes Centennial Chiropractors | Concussion screening is a new and effective way to aid in the early and more accurate detect of […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy