Diagnosis of Osteoathritis of the Knee
A common and debilitating form of degenerative or osteoarthritis is that of the knee joint. Most common reasons people do develop osteoarthritis are repetitive trauma, such as having a history of playing sports with repetitive un-treated injuries to the knee. Patients suffering from this ailment have a lower walking speed, shorter stride, and reduced ankle propulsion. Not only this but they suffering from a basic lack of motion causing difficulty in our basic daily activities such as shopping, walking the dog, or even getting in and out of your car. The pain starts gradually over a period of many years and changes with weather conditions. Do to the pain patients report that after frequent use they have to rest to help ease the pain or are prescribed NSIDS (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs).
Poor balance has been found in individuals with bilateral knee osteoarthritis. Another problem those with knee degeneration suffering from are the reduced ability to avoid obstacles increasing the chances to trip and fall causing further injuries.
Symptoms of Osteoarthritis of the Knee
Patients suffering from knee osteoarthritis walk at a slower pace, and have decreased muscle endurance. Osteoarthritis can lead to a sedentary life style and thus can lead to further health risks; however these patients are often in too much pain to participate in exercise programs.
At Mountain View Pain Center we will work with you and aid in your care to get you back on your feet. Our Chiropractors will design a treatment plan that will correctly treat and aid in your progress to help ease the pain so you can accomplish your daily goals.
Free Blog News Letter
- Whiplash From An Auto AccidentDo you have a whiplash injury? During this time of the year motor vehicle accidents are more frequent due to the winter weather conditions. Even from a minor fender bender […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Core Strength and Low Back PainToday’s Discussion: How Core Strength and Low Back Pain Are Related In the world of Chiropractic, Physical Therapy, and Sports Medicine, there is much debate and discussion revolving around the […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Facet Syndrome Treatment and DiagnosisOur Chiropractors Discuss Treatment and Diagnosis of Facet Syndrome This week’s discussion deals with facet syndrome. Facet syndrome is one of the most common causes of pain originating from the […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Chiropractors Discuss Herniated Cervical DiscsHerniated Cervical Discs Did you know that one of the most common causes of numbness, weakness, and pain down your arm could be related to a herniated cervical disc? Other […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Sacroilliac Joint PainSacroilliac joint pain and dysfunction One of the most common causes of low back pain is dysfunction of the Sacroilliac joint (also knows as the SI joint). The sacroilliac joint is one of […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Chiropractors Discuss Hip PainDiagnosis and Treatment of Hip Pain Are you having trouble moving around because of a hip problem? Are you having difficulty walking up or down stairs? Is it painful to […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Chiropractors Discuss Muscle Spasm’s, Sprains and StrainsHow to tell the difference between Muscle Spasm, Sprains, and Strains With the NFL continuing into the playoffs, many of us are sitting by watching the injury reports to see […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Sports Physicals $25.00Sports Physicals and Concussion Screenings $25 With fall sports just around the corner it’s time to get your student athlete’s physical for the year. For a limited time Mountain View […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Centennial CO Chiropractic | Pain ReliefCentennial CO Chiropractic | Pain Relief Centennial CO Chiropractic office offers pain relief to patients suffering from musculoskeletal injuries. Chiropractic is an effective and most importantly cost friendly way to not only relieve your symptoms of pain, […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy
- Centennial Chiropractor | Concussion ScreeningConcussion Test Centennial Chiropractors Do Concussion Screeings For Athletes Centennial Chiropractors | Concussion screening is a new and effective way to aid in the early and more accurate detect of […]Dr. Ihsan O. Erhuy